During the season we expect the visit of more than 100 whale sharks in La Paz Bay.
The reason there is so many in such a small area is because there is lots of food: plankton, krill and other micro-organisms. These gentle giants are familiar with the small boats (pangas) that we use to visit them so they do not get frightened, neither when you snorkel along them.
DepartureMarina La Paz
Departure TimePlease arrive at 8:30 AM
Return TimeApproximately 12:00 PM.
Dress CodeCasual. Comfortable athletic clothing.
IncludedEntry FeesLunchPersonal Guide
Not Included5 Star AccommodationAirport TransfersBreakfastDeparture Taxes
- Only by reservation. Reduced groups, maximum 6 guests for semi-private tour.
- For bigger or private groups please contact us at email@example.com. Get an answer in less than 12 hours.
- You will meet your guide in MARINA LA PAZ, once on the boat the guide will supply biodegradable sunscreen, wetsuits and snorkel gear and will brief you about whale shark biology, enviroment, safety and how to get the best of this experience.
- After locating a whale shark the guide will organise jumps in very small groups, with only 2 people in the water at the time,respecting the distance to not disturb the whale sharks. Is quite an experience tl swim along with them and enjoy to view of these majestic creatures in their natural habitat.
- The tour normally lasts 2 hours, but can vary depending how far away the animals are, and how many guests are on the boat. You will get multiple opportunities to jump and snorkel with the biggest fish in the world.
Please note: The activity is restricted to people with no cardiac history or back/neck problems or pregnant woman. Minimum age to snorkel with whale sharks is 5 years old. You must sign a liability release prior the activity. Some experience snorkelling recommended. Infants and children under 5 years old only welcome on private tours
- WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Full set of premium quality snorkel gear (mask, snorkel, fins)
- 3mm Wetsuit (short or long depending on the season)
- biodegradable sunscreen SPF50
- water and sodas
- snacks (fruit, cookies, chips)
- VIDEOS AND PICTURES, so you don´t have to worry about it, just have fun and enjoy the activities.
- WHAT TO BRING
- Please arrive early fo find parking
- recommended to dress in layers
- towel, hat, sunglasses
- cash for tips.