If you want to see it all in one day, this tour combines whale sharks with a visit to Islotes and Espiritu Santo.
DepartureMarina La Paz
Departure TimePlease arrive at 8:00 AM
Dress CodeCasual. Comfortable athletic clothing.
IncludedEntry FeesLunchPersonal Guide
Not Included5 Star AccommodationAirport TransfersBreakfastDeparture Taxes
- You will meet your guide in MARINA LA PAZ, once on the boat the guide will supply biodegradable sunscreen, wetsuits and snorkel gear. You will receive information about the enviroment, safety, biology of the animals and how to get the best of this experience.
- It takes 1.5 hours to reach the Islotes, north of Espiritu Santo, where you will snorkel near the biggest sea lion colony in the Sea of Cortez. There is more than 500 sea lions, with many curious pups. Please notice due to park regulations is mandatory to wear life vest in the water. Some close up interaction with sea lions pups is possible but not guaranteed, but surely they will swim around you.
- There are several magnificent beaches on the islands, many operators choose Ensenada Grande for lunch, and sometimes is a bit overpopulated. We prefer Candelero or Corralito, not short of beauty and less busy. You guide will set up a delicious lunch in one of those paradisiac beaches with table, shade and chairs for you to enjoy fresh ceviche, tasty meat and beans/cheese burritos and fruit.
- Lunch can be customized for vegetarian, vegan, gluten or lactose intolerance. Please let us know if you have any other food restrictions.
- After enjoying the island beach, you will head back to El Mogote to search for whale sharks.
- After a whale shark is found and during 2 hours, the guide will organise jumps in very small groups, with only 2 people in the water at the time and respecting the distance to not disturb them. It is quite and experience to swim along with them and enjoy to view these majestic creatures in their natural habitat.
Please note: Due to the nature of the activity is restricted to people with no cardiac history or back/neck problems or pregnant woman. Minimum age to snorkel with whale sharks is 5 years old. You must sign a liability release prior the activity. Some snorkel experience is recommended. Infants and children under 5 years old only on private tours.
- DEPARTURE TIME:
Snorkeler 3.900 MXN Passenger (non-snorkeler) 3.300 MXN
- WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Full set of premium quality snorkel gear (mask, snorkel, fins) - 3mm Wetsuit (short or long depending on the season) - biodegradable sunscreen SPF50 - water and sodas - snacks (fruit, cookies, chips) - VIDEOS AND PICTURES, so you don´t have to worry about it, just have fun and enjoy the activities. - Lunch on the beach - Entrance to the Natural Park of Espiritu Santo - Entrance to the whale shark area protected area El Mogote.
- WHAT TO BRING - Please arrive early fo find parking. - recommended to dress in layers - towel, hat, sunglasses, camera. - cash for tips
- CANCELATION POLICY Deposit Terms and Conditions
- In case of cancelation due to the weather or caused by the operator, and it is not possible to reschedule, due to your or our availability the deposit will be returned 100% - In case of cancelation by the client 15 days before the tour, the deposit will be returned 100% - In case of cancelation by the client 14 to 8 days before the tour, the 50% of the deposit will be returned - In case of cancelation by the client on the 7 days prior the tour, the cancelation costs are 100% of the deposit
WE NEED A MINIMUM NUMBER OF GUESTS. IF TRAVELLING SOLO OR COUPLE WE CAN ADD YOU TO EXISTING GROUP. PLEASE CONTACT US FOR MORE DETAILS